RISK Management TIP #1:
ASTM and ACI help develop and publish consensus standards for materials, products, systems and services used in the construction industry. Adherence to ASTM and ACI Standards is voluntary. However, building owners, contract litigators, and government regulators often give ASTM and ACI standards the force of law by citing them in contracts, regulations and building codes. Following ASTM and ACI Standards, whenever possible, is a prudent risk management tool.
RISK Management TIP #2:
Performance Specifications for commercial flooring, protective deck coatings, and roof assemblies should reference ASTM F3010-13 when moisture vapor or alkalinity in the concrete substrate is determined to exceed product tolerances. This helps everybody insure that the proper above-slab barrier products are selected, bid and installed and that the final project delivers long-term performance.
RISK Management TIP #3:
Check Your Product Data Sheets for alkalinity/pH tolerances. Concrete alkalinity ranges from pH 11.5 to 13.5. Most adhesives list pH 8 to 9 as their upper limit. Most epoxy-based protective coatings list an upper tolerance of pH 11 to 12. An independently tested ASTM F3010-13 compliant above-slab liquid-applied membrane-forming resin barrier should take moisture and alkalinity totally out of your risk equation.
Control project risks by checking for concrete alkalinity tolerances.
- ABP Chemists Developed A 4-Hour Fast Cure Formula With No Odor and Zero VOC Emissions
- No Corrosion Creep. 10-Year Warranty. AC•Tech AB-COR™ Corrosion Protection System
- AC•Tech Oil Buster System™ - Detergent Binds With Organic Contaminants In Concrete
- Start Early. Finish Early. Open Early. Bank It Early. AC•Tech Go-Early Technology™
- AC•Tech AB-COR™ for long lasting, durable and high performance corrosion protection solutions
- Warehouse Renovation Projects | ACTech Oil Buster System™